Breakfast Change: Beginning April 2021, WEEKDAY breakfasts will be To-Go/Continental. (Details below)
Stay at Sugar Tree Inn and enjoy observing the indigenous wildlife while you eat our country breakfasts, served daily. While we do serve breakfast and dinner for our guests, we also love to share some of our favorite Shenandoah Valley restaurants, so we have included them here!
Imagine starting your morning in our glass-walled dining room with a steaming mug of coffee (or tea) and watching the morning activity in the chipmunk lodge located under the ferns.
Weekday Breakfast (Monday through Friday Mornings)
To-Go/Continental Style Breakfast will begin at 8:00 am and usually includes:
- hard-boiled eggs, poached eggs, or cheese omelet,
- Seasons’ Yield Farm croissant or ham and cheese croissants,
- fresh fruit, and
- coffee/tea station
(NOTE: Our dining room will be closed, but we have set-up dining tables for use through-out the lodge, and when weather permits, outdoor dining.)
Weekend Breakfasts (Saturday and Sunday Mornings)
Our full country breakfast is served from 8:00 to 9:00 am and usually includes:
- made-to-order eggs,
- sausage or bacon,
- buttermilk biscuits,
- fresh fruit,
- fruit juice, and
- endless coffee and/or tea
Depending on the day of the week, we have also been known to whip up some French toast, custardy frittata, and made-from-scratch pancakes, using Wade’s Mill ingredients.
Breakfast is included in Room Rate.
Every day of the week, anytime
European Basket $30
- Includes: dry-cured salami, cheese spread, crackers, olives, dried fruit, nuts, dessert
- Feeds two people, usually with leftovers
- Contents subject to availability
- 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED
We will no longer be able to serve dinner, which the exception of SATURDAY nights in OCTOBER. Menu to be added soon.
And finally, if you don’t want to eat at Sugar Tree Inn, here are our recommendations for the closest eateries, along with one of our blog posts that talks a little more about them.
- Gertie’s Country Store and Deli: Great BBQ. Great Burgers. Great Fries. (4.1 miles)
- Edelweiss: Traditional German Fare. Live music Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. (13.2 miles)
- Frank’s Pizza, Pasta, and Subs (Fairfield): Their name says it all. P.S. Their sub bread is crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle, just like a traditional baguette should be. (10.5 miles)
- NEW Osceola Mill Restuarant: Full-Service Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, Tuesday through Saturday, and Sunday Brunch (4 miles)
If you are looking for more, Lexington and Staunton abound with choices and are both equidistant from us, approximately 30 minutes. There are even some breweries on the other side of the mountain that are also 30 minutes away. Just let us know what you are interested in and we’ll be happy to help.
Beer and Wine
We Support Local.