Sugar Tree Inn, our charmingly rustic bed and breakfast, is located midway between Staunton and Lexington, Virginia. The following maps and directions should help you find your way right to our doorstep near Steeles Tavern, Virginia.
GPS Users. Please be aware that some GPS devices don’t work well in this area. We recommend using these directions along with your GPS routing. Also, please be advised you will likely lose cell service in places coming up the mountain. (We have service here.)
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 37.879872 Longitude: -79.161599
Vesuvius, VA 24483
For detailed directions to our property from Highway 81, Blue Ridge Parkway, and our sign, please click Read More.
From Highway 81:
- Take Exit 205, the Steeles Tavern exit.
- Proceed east on Highway 606 one and a half mile to Highway 11 where you turn left and then immediately right on Highway 56.
- Follow Highway 56 approximately 4.5 miles through Vesuvius, left across the RR tracks and through the George Washington National Forest to the Sugar Tree Inn sign on your right.
From the Blue Ridge Parkway:
- Exit at Milepost 27 for Steeles Tavern
- Proceed 0.9 miles west on Highway 56 to the Sugar Tree Inn sign on the left
From our Sign:
Head down our long winding road beneath the towering oaks and hemlocks, through a switchback turn, over the bridge, and up our hill to the Inn.